Between 400 – 500 words each question, no citations needed, well written
1) Describe the effect of the prevailing view in science on the impact and acceptance of new ways of thinking.
2) What is metaphysics? Give examples of metaphysical questions and relate these examples to current issues in modern psychology.
3) What is epistemology? Describe 3 epistemological theories and be able to give an example of how each theory would address a particular problem in modern psychology.
4) Aristotle as well as other early Greek philosophers set the tone for many important problems in psychology. What was Aristotle’s basic method in the philosophy of science? Give specific examples of how he used his method to address metaphysical questions.
5) What is inductive definition? Describe Socrates’ method of inductive definition and discuss what motivated him to develop his method. Is the logic of inductive definition clearly sound? Why or why not?