Respond to the following questions. Use your own words- no cites/references please; grammar and spelling are important; only thorough responses will receive full credit.
1. Have you completed criminological theory class before? Did you enjoy it? What did you learn from it?
2. Identify and explain one of the theories covered in this unit. Why do you think theories evolve and change over time? Do you think some of the criminological theories we currently have will be nonsense in 20 years? Why or why not?
3. Have you ever been the victim of a crime or has anyone you know been a victim of a crime? If yes, what were the costs associated with the victimization? How did you or the individual you know handle being victimized?
4. Why is ethics so important in criminal justice research? What could happen if a researcher was not ethical?
5. What effect does the media have on crime? Can this be controlled; why or why not? If it can be controlled, how do we accomplish that?