paper will be about the illegal immigration in the united states, and how families get affected when they are separated. incorporate gender when talking about the family. also elaborate on other important aspects that are related to this!
double-spaced, Times New Roman.
You are required to have at least 4 references for your paper. One of these references will be one from the course – either a textbook chapter or assign course article. Three of these sources will be scholarly, and at least one of your three scholarly sources should be from a sociology-specific journal (e.g. Gender & Society, American Journal of Sociology, Signs, Qualitative Sociology, Sexualities, Journal of Homosexuality, New Media + Society). In addition, you are welcome to utilize 1-2 non-scholarly articles on your topic from popular press news sources (e.g. the Atlantic, the New York Times, the Washington Post). If you’re used to a particular citation format (e.g. APA, MLA), you are permitted to using this format, but make sure you are consistent. Your paper is worth 25 points
– 2.5 points: grammar, no typos, consistent formatting, at least 5 pages, double-spaced Times New Roman
– 2.5 points: at least 3 scholarly sources with at least one from sociology journal, one course text cited
– 5: introductory and concluding paragraphs concisely state the argument and provide an appropriate flow for the paper
– 5 points: literature is well-summarized and the paper connects sources well
– 10 points: paper makes a convincing argument, argument is supported well with evidence from the literature