This will be graded on a higher level than the weekly assignments.
This assignment is intended to help you apply one of the 3 major sociological perspectives, Symbolic Interaction, Conflict (which would include Feminism) and Functionalism, to a movie of your choice. Think about how the movie’s characters, story line, setting etc., might be used to explain the main ideas of one of the perspectives. Disney movies are usually easy to see the theories. Think about the Lion King and conflict – who are the have’s and the have nots, what are the scarce resources that the conflict is over? What about the Symbolism in the movie? Once you pick your movie and theory the examples will come. DO NOT USE THE LION KING.
BE SURE TO BE SPECIFIC ABOUT THE EXAMPLES – I DO NOT WANT A MOVIE SUMMARY.
This will be graded on a higher level than the weekly assignments. But it could help if you are close to a higher grade. You may write this by sections.
The Paper should be set up by sections and include the following:
1. State the movie you will use and BRIEFLY tell about the movie.
2. Identify and define the Theoretical Perspective you will use. What are the main ideas of the Perspective? You may use more than 1 Perspective if you wish.
1. Give examples (explain/apply) that illustrate how the theoretical perspective can be seen. What happens in the movie that can be understood using the Perspectives you selected. Explain at least 3 different scenes.
2. In the explanation you will use at least 5 Sociological Terms from the book. Please highlight or put the terms in bold. The theories do not count. Be sure to use them correctly.
1. Briefly state your thoughts on the assignments. Explain why you liked or did not like the assignment – be specific. You could also add any suggestions on how to improve this assignment.
I WILL USE TURN IT IN TO CHECK FOR ORIGINAL WORK. I WANT YOUR THOUGHTS! IF MORE THAN 20%OF THE PAPER COMES FROM ANOTHER SOURCE IT WILL NOT BE GRADED.
The instructor did not give a length for this assignment.
This assignment is due on March 29th by 3p.m.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.