Consider the following scenario:
You are a manager of a large rehabilitation center that provides short-term care rehabilitation services on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Your center is proposing a new addition of long-term care services, and with this expansion, you must hire and train several new employees.
Develop a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation on the organizational structure of the rehabilitation center described in the scenario above. Create the presentation for the audience you selected in Week Two.
Address the following in your presentation:
- The effects of organizational structure on communication.
- Identify communication methods for managers within this organization.
- Explain the importance of the identified communication methods within this organizational structure.
- Explain what internal relationships must be considered.
- Explain what external relationships must be considered.
- The steps involved in organizational planning and functions of management
- Identify the steps to plan and implement change within the organization.
- Explain how the steps may be applied to the scenario.
- Strategies and methods needed to influence organizational change and to minimize conflict
- Analyze strategies that might be used to bring about change in the organization.
- Explain how the strategies may be used to prevent or to minimize conflict.
- Explain strategies that can be applied if conflict does arise.
- Explain the manager’s role in conflict management.
- The ethical issues considered important in today’s health care organization
- Explain how ethical issues may alter the way change is conducted in the organization.
- The effects of financial and human resource management controls
- Explain how financial and human-resource control issues affect the decision-making process.
- The analysis of the administrative process needed to track outcomes and improve quality
- Analyze environmental influences related to health care which may affect outcomes and quality within the organization.
- Analyze how the implemented change will be tracked or evaluated.
List major points in the slides. Include detailed explanations in the speaker notes section that correlate to each point.
Include videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate.
Include at least five references to support your presentation.
Format your presentation according to APA guidelines.