Research Paper on a Selected Topic in Physics
o Choose a topic within the realm of physics, preferably one that truly interests you.
- § The topic can be a person, event, or concept.
- § The topic does not have to be one we cover in this class (i.e., although we did not coverastronomy, you can still choose a topic in astronomy, since it is within the realm of physics).
o Examples of possible topics :blackholes, IsaacNewton, gravity, soundwaves, Galileo, detection of
neutrino particles, semiconductors, etc.
o Research your topic using at least four references.
§ One of the references must be our textbook. Type a report summarizing your research on the topic.
- § You will be graded on the content of the paper, the flow of the writing, and grammar and spelling.
- § For your reference, a sample paper is available on Blackboard.
- § Standard font type and size (10-12 pt)
- § 1.5-line spacing; 1-inch margins maximum
- § Suggested length: 1.5 to 3 pages
- § List of references must be included
- § Must be submitted in hard copy form
- § Figures are not required, but you are encouraged to use them if it helps to convey a certain concept
SAMPLE PAPER AND GRADING CRITERIA IS ATTACHED