Create a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation to explain a selected company’s transportation and warehousing strategy to potential investors and lenders.
Supply chain managers coordinate all of the activities in the supply chain process into a seamless network. The transportation function of the supply chain focuses on the movement and delivery of goods and services in the supply chain network from suppliers to manufacturers to the ultimate consumers. Decisions must be made as to which mode of transportation is used to move products along with the type of warehousing systems that will be used. Many companies are choosing to outsource their supply chain to companies such as UPS.
Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Describe the overall transportation objectives of a selected company.
- Evaluate the modes of transportation that an organization uses to move products from factory to customers.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the locations for an organization’s factories and warehouses.
- Analyze the economic and political factors that can impact an organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Competency 2: Improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Describe how technology is used for managing an organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Competency 3: Manage a supply chain in order to satisfy customers.
- Recommend improvements for an organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with the expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and research; adhere to APA style and formatting.
- Chopra, S., & Meindl, P. (2016). Supply chain management: Strategy, planning, and operation(6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
Select one company from the list below and wrote a paper about their supply chain strategy and their use of forecasting and planning to develop their strategy. You may use either the same company or a different company from the list for this assessment.
- L. L. Bean.
- Johnson and Johnson.
Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation to explain your selected company’s transportation and warehousing strategy to potential investors and lenders. You can research your responses in the Capella library and on the Internet.
When creating your presentation, include the following information:
- Slide 1: List the presentation title, the company name, the date, and your name.
- Slide 2: Describe the overall transportation objectives of the company.
- Slide 3: Describe and evaluate the modes of transportation that the company uses to move products from factory to customers.
- Slide 4: Identify the locations of the factories and warehouses.
- Slides 5–6: Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the locations for the organization’s factories and warehouses.
- Slide 7: Analyze the economic and political factors that can impact their transportation and warehousing network.
- Slide 8: Describe how technology is used to manage the organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Slide 9: Make recommendations for improving the organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Slide 10: List of references using APA format. Include at least three resources
You may use additional slides, if necessary. Provide your information as a bulleted list on the slides and insert explanations where applicable. Use the notes section in MS PowerPoint to add additional information and clarity to your presentation.
- Provide a minimum of three references that you used in formulating your responses.
- Verify that you have included all of the required sections in your presentation.
- Check for proper use of mechanics and apply APA standards to citation of sources.