You will submit a draft of your tax planning proposal and strategic plan recommendation regarding the client’s estate. You must also address the tax effects of selling the business prior to the death of the founder. Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
* Create a detailed tax planning proposal explaining how the client’s family can experience tax savings should the client pass away. Cite relevant governing rules and regulations.
* Illustrate a strategic plan that addresses the need for a will in handling the estate. Detail what happens to the business, land, and investments consistent with tax codes and regulations. Consider extending the plan to address the client’s estate tax, trust, and charitable contributions while minimizing estate tax.
* Recommend estate planning strategies consistent with tax codes and regulations for the purpose of reducing the taxable estate. Be sure to include gifting property to heirs in your response.
* Illustrate the best course of action if the client decides to leave the business in three years. Provide some advice to him should he decide to gift the business to his daughter or transfer the assets or common stock to her, depending on the business entity you have selected.
* Illustrate the best course of action if the client wishes to sell the business. Consider the tax consequences with regard to capital gains and losses, ordinary income issues, and selling an existing operating business.
Guidelines for Submission:
Your paper must be submitted as a 2–3-pages Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and at least three sources cited in APA format.