Write an essay of atleast 250 words for all 6 questions and
2 case studies as well.
1. Define the three energy pathways. For each pathway, identify two exercises that utilize the pathway. If you were training to run a marathon, which pathway would be the focal point of your training? What types of activities would you incorporate into your marathon training and why? How will an understanding of energy pathways help you in your future training endeavors?
2. Perform a chin-up (palms supinated) and determine which muscles are the prime movers, stabilizers, and synergists. Is there a difference with a pull-up (palms pronated)? If so, what are the differences? Do as many chin-ups as possible. Which muscles inhibit your ability to perform more repetitions? What does this say about the chin-up as an effective exercise for the latissimus dorsi? List as many variations of pull-ups and chin-ups as possible. Describe how what you have learned during this experience will help you in your future training.
3. Perform at least one exercise for each major muscle group on a stability ball. On another day, perform the same exercises in a stationary position (i.e., not on a stability ball.) Report the following. List the exercises you performed. Were you able to use the same weight on the stability ball? If not, why do you think you could not use as much resistance? What populations would benefit from stability ball training? Are there certain individuals who should not use a stability ball? How will this learning experience and the knowledge you have gained from it help you in your future training endeavors?
4. Take your blood pressure and the blood pressure of someone else. List both the systole and diastole. Define systole, diastole, and list the ranges of excellent, good, fair, and poor. Do you see any correlations between blood pressure and lifestyle, stress level, or activity level? How will you incorporate knowledge of blood pressure into your future training endeavors?
5. Identify an individual currently on an intermittent fasting diet, another who is on a gluten-free diet, and someone else on the Paleo diet. Critically analyze their dieting experience(s) and compare/contrast them with your own. Evaluate each in light of the most recently known science and practical experience. Would you recommend any of these diets or any other structured diet to a future client? If so, list the diet and describe how would you determine its appropriateness for a client. If you would not recommend any of these or other structured diets, detail why.
6. Search online for “free medline.” You will probably find several websites that offer this feature. Search for research abstracts on “cancer and exercise.” Review at least six abstracts (articles no more than five years old). Based on the conclusions of these studies, how beneficial is regular exercise for cancer patients? How would you market your services to clients that have cancer? Be sure to cite your work.